Friday, November 16, 2012

Shop it up: Shop 35

Now that's I'm based in Marlborough I'm 'hitting the road' a little more often to source and see suppliers.  It's a great chance to crank the tunes and have some me-time while I'm at it.

I find it a nice change in pace as I can't check blogs, tweet updates and repin images.  It's time just to think and process - oh and of course drive!

Last week I was scooting  back from Christchurch when I needed a coffee break and stopped of in the small (but well formed) town of Cheviot.  

Shop 35 is run by Phils Morris.  She's a vivacous, bright and designy.  So is her shop.




Her eye for colour is evident and definately caught my attention when I spotted a cute little blue stool out-front.  At $55 it was snapped up and stored for one of my daughters christmas presents.





The shop is set-up in a cute old house that immediately sets an inviting tone.  Inside does not disapoint either.  Phils stocks some yummy local and international designers and they all compliment each other beautifully.





All the while I was there she had a constant stream of locals and just-travelling-throughers but she treated them all as if they were long lost buds.  It's so re-freshing to get that retail detail that is so often lost and lacking in many shops I pop into (and that's many my design bunnies).  



Fact:  Phils loves finding kooky/odd/funny fairies for the xmas tree, and this year she has high heeled ones.  Be quick though as word is out and you have to be in quick.

Fact:  Phils quickly got a large crush on my navy sparkly lace-up shoes.  But as luck had it she didn't let that get in the way of a new accaintance and a new design-bond was made!

Thanks Shop 35 and see you next trip.

Also in Cheviot
The White Cat Emporium - Italian and French Antiques
Two Rivers Gallery and Cafe - good coffee with art/sculpture


2 comments: