Monday, July 11, 2011

Shopping for: Nga Waiata Rings

My frayed nerves perked no end when my Nga Waiata 'Amazonite' ring arrived.

My ring - apols for the "winter" hands.

I chose 'Amazonite' because it sounds cool and more importantly it has these powers:

brings clarity and clear spirit 
soothes emotions. 
dispels negativity 
enhances communication concerning love

Amazonite Ring


Yup.  Need all of that.

I swear it's working already.


Go on - choose one to suit you.  I got mine from Flock in Sumner.  Who - incidentally are now an on-line shop too.

Rings come in various heights and sizes.

Model Kelly wearing Flourite, Purple Flourite and Rose Quartz Rings.  Images by Brian Cully.


Nga Waiata is a North Island designer and artist.  Her products are sold all around the world.  Even the wonderful Paul Smith stocks these wee beauties in his Paris store.  Makes me proud as ol' punch.



Her name is pronounced naaaa-y-a-taa, it is a maori name which means the songs or music.

3 comments:

  1. HI Alex
    GORGEOUS rings! Found your blog through Bolt of Cloth newsletter. Great to find quirky humour and NZ design wrapped up in one cool blog. Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel - lovely to get such feedback! Yes Suz does a fantastic job with an abundance of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nga Waiata is an artist and jewellery designer who lives and works here in Napier. She was working in local designer boutique, House of Aroha one day when my husband and I were shopping for homewares

    ReplyDelete